Christmas is usually a godsend for businesses, particularly those in retail, leisure and hospitality. But retailers are likely to have to work harder than ever for every penny. Follow PDQ Machines’ tips to help you make the most of your potential sales this Christmas.
- Negotiate with your suppliers. Everyone’s feeling the pinch, so there are good deals to be had even with your credit card machine supplier. What can your suppliers offer you this Christmas, in terms of price, credit limits and payment terms? Many firms are tightening their credit control, but if you are a valued customer, they are likely to be flexible.
- Don’t order too much stock. Be realistic about what you are likely to sell – the last thing you want is unsold stock you have to let go at ridiculous prices. Start thinking about the January sales now, as people are likely to be saving their cash and credit cards for New Year bargains.
- Create a festive feel as your customers will appreciate seasonal jollity. Window displays, decorations and even Christmas music can take people’s minds off their worries, raise a smile and generate goodwill.
- Value good customers. Show your regulars that you appreciate their custom by sending cards or e-cards if you’re on a tight budget. Include discount vouchers and invite your best customers for a Christmas drink or meal. One tip is don’t charge them a credit card machine fee!
- Understand your customers’ budget constraints. Take a lesson from the budget retailers offer low-cost alternatives, discounts and special offers where you can and consider selling gift vouchers as well – many people are likely to give them so their friends and family can take advantage of January sales.
- Promote your best offer. Whether it is in the local press or on the internet. Draw attention to your most enticing offer. Once people are through the door, you can introduce them to your full range of goods and services including your ability to take their money via a credit card machine.
- Throw in a little extra. If you serve food and drink, offer complimentary mince pies or Christmas pudding. If you own a shop, offer to gift-wrap items free. People will appreciate the gesture and may recommend you to friends.
- Use your surplus space. Some retailers generate extra revenue by using surplus space (such as car park space, for example) to display and sell seasonal products, such as Christmas trees, cards and wrapping paper. If you have the space, products and the footfall, take advantage of it.
- Check your staffing levels. Make sure you have enough staff to make every sale you can – don’t risk losing customers because they’re stuck in a queue or left hanging on the phone. Advertise seasonal posts to students or invite existing staff to earn extra cash by working overtime. And ensure you train them properly especially on how to use the credit card machine.
- Maximise online sales. Online retail has grown this year. If you use your website to promote your business or make sales, make sure your offer is clearly displayed and people can easily make purchases or enquiries. Ensure the site is search engine optimised and consider a Christmas pay-per-click advertising campaign. If you are an online retailer check out our costs for credit card processing compared to what you’re paying!
- Get a great deal on your ability to take credit and debit cards, especially if you’re taking a mobile pdq machine to Christmas Fairs. And don’t forget to do things in advance. We can offer you a complete set up for a credit card machine fast and at a great price.
So there you have it. Have a great Christmas Sales, a good break and face 2014 in a positive way. PDQ Machines are here to help your success. Find out more by clicking here .
If you accept credit cards, you need a credit card machine to ensure your business can bank more sales. If your business extends beyond the confines of brick and mortar, you will be taking payments at client locations, on-line or open-air events. If you can use a credit card machine from any location where there is mobile service, you will do more transactions.
Your mobile phone plus a mobile credit card machine will give you real-time validation and payment processing, low rates and fees for each transaction and on-line account management.
If you can take different forms of payment, you will boost revenue. The best credit card machine processing services let you to take different forms of payment. Also, the best services let you make sales in various locations. You should be able to accept payments on-line or at remote locations without access to the internet. The best credit card machine processing services empower you to accept all forms of payment at any time. So they need to handle credit cards and debit cards.
Fraud protection is another important factor as you select from the competing on-line credit card machine suppliers. The right service will protect you from fraudulent customers by using Address Verification Services. It will also use VeriSign SSL Certificates.
The best credit card processing companies take a number of forms of payment, and let you receive payments from anywhere. The best also provide protections against security and fraud.
Credit Card Machine Processing: What to Look For
The criteria to consider are as follows:
- Several fees determine the real cost of using any credit card machine service. Aside from setup fees and monthly service fees, there are also fees each time you process a debit or credit card. The per-transaction fee is typically composed of two elements, the base rate and the processing rate. These vary by the payment gateway and merchant account you use. While one service may have a low per-transaction fee, the authorisation rate may be high. Calculate your average sales to find out which combination is the best for you.
Average Approval Rating
- How quickly a credit card machine supplier approves applications? What is the application fee? Out of all applicants what percentage are approved?
Cost per Month
- What are the monthly costs with one statement, charge-back and gateway fee. The best providers charge low fees and communicate about on-going fees and charges.
- How much it will cost to establish a merchant account and set up a payment gateway?
Account Set-up Time
- The best credit card machine suppliers give great service and approve applications and establish merchant services accounts within 3 working days.
- If a credit card machine company doesn’t offer a same or next day service seven days a week, it is probably not the best choice.
Internet Based Features
- Merchant account should provide an on-line payment gateway. They should also support more than one type of virtual terminal.
With these points in mind, you will be able to pick the best credit card machine processing service. We are confident that we are one of the best credit card machine suppliers in the UK. We say so because of our great service ethos. PDQ Machines knows when a credit card processing service is fair. We also can spot abusive transaction fees. We can help you sidestep hidden traps and duck outrageous fees.
Just contact us here to get a great deal and great service.